Please request at least 4 different times (in 10 minute intervals with time options below) with Mrs Wright's and Mrs Trigg's available dates; Monday 12th October (Mrs Wright - 3:30-5:00pm), Tuesday 13th October (Mrs Wright 3:30-5:00pm), Wednesday 21st October (Mrs Trigg 3:30-5:00pm), Thursday 22nd October (Mrs Trigg, 3:30-5:00pm).
AUTUMN TERM 1
This week we are focussing on consolidating our number recognition and number bonds 0-5.
We are practising forming each number and counting totals out 0-5 using 1:1 correspondence so that they understand that each number represents a quantity.
Then some of us will be digging deeper and finding the different number bonds that make 5 such as 0+5, 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, 1+4, 5+0 and understanding how we add 2 numbers together to create a total.
This week we are focussing on learning the sounds:
i n p g o
We will be learning to recognise each sound and form it in the air and in our books.
We are also practising blending words with these sound son such as map, mad, din, pig, sat
Practise building CVC words using the sounds m a s d t i n p g o at home as sounding them out to see if your child can blend them together. 🌈🌈
R.E, P.E & MUSIC FOCUS:
This term our Power of PE lessons are focussing on People Who Help Us 🌍. The children are developing their moving skills and negotiating space and exploring ,owing in lots of different ways ☀️
This term in Music we will be practising songs for our First Nativity 🎄
This term we are focussing on Special People in our family, in school and in the community; we will be inviting a different special person in each week 🌟🌟🌟
This term we have being exploring our new environments and making lots of new friends!
HOW WE SUPPORT HOME LEARNING IN THE EYFS
- EYFS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_iVU_ULULtQmx9q7S5ExCA?view_as=subscriber
- Videos uploaded and shared with parents from our own YouTube Channel! These include a 'Top Tips' video created by our staff on how to effectively support your child's Reading, Writing & Maths Development at home to our lovely transition videos to support our new cohort's transition into the Reception!
- White Rose Maths Home Learning web links available on this page for use at home daily to support your child in developing key mathematical concepts and skills.
- Read Write Inc YouTube Channel web links available on this page for use at home daily to support your child in developing key Reading and Writing concepts and skills.
- Oxford Owl YouTube Channel web links accessible on this page with an amazing resource bank of videos from Interactive Stories to parental support on how to teach Reading, Writing, Maths and more!
- Oxford Owl E Books web links accessible on this page to allow you free access to the Oxford Owl Reading Library so you can choose books for your child to read at home to develop their phonics skills
- Well-being web links available on this page to support each child in developing a mindful approach to learning to ensure they stayed focused and motivated!
- Growth Mindset approach to learning video links available on this page to give all parents an insight into the powerfulness of the growth mindset approach to ensure each child develops resilience, perseverance, dedication, hard work, good habits and persistence!
IN THE EVENT THAT THE EYFS BUBBLE HAS TO CLOSE DUE TO COVID WE WILL SUPPORT YOUR CHILD'S HOME LEARNING THROUGH:
- Daily interactive lessons on Microsoft Teams each morning starting at 9am for Phonics and Maths!
- Daily interactive lessons on Microsoft Teams each afternoon starting at 1pm for Personal, Social & Emotional Development, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts & Design, Music, R.E & P.E!
- EYFS termly planning is also available on this page with web links inserted onto it so that you can deliver each session from home
MEET YOUR TEACHER!
Our EYFS You Tube Channel has got all of the EYFS teachers' reading some of your favorite stories so why not click and explore!
ON YOUR CHILD'S P.E. DAY PLEASE SEND THEM IN THEIR P.E. KIT.
THEY WILL BE DOING P.E OUTSIDE ALL NEXT TERM SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY WEAR SOMETHING WARM.
SEE THE P.E KIT LIST BELOW IN THE 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION' SECTION
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE P.E KIT IS WASHED WHEN YOUR CHILD RETURNS HOME DUE TO COVID
MRS WRIGHT/MRS TRIGG: P.E IS EVERY MONDAY
MRS MYERS/MRS JACKSON: P.E IS EVERY TUESDAY
DATES AND TIMES FOR STARTING SCHOOL
START TIME 9.10AM
ENTER THROUGH THE GATES NEAR THE CAR PARK TO THE EYFS OUTDOOR AREA
- For the first week (Thursday 3rd September) parents to bring children to the EYFS outdoor area via the gate (near the car park). The children will then be picked up at 12.00pm from the Early Years outdoor area. Please do not arrive before 9.00am as we are trying to limit the number of people on site and stagger our start and finish times.
- For the second week (Monday 7th September) parents to bring children to the EYFS outdoor area via the gate (near the car park). The children will then be picked up at 12.00pm from the Early Years outdoor area. Please do not arrive before 9.00am as we are trying to limit the number of people on site and stagger our start and finish times.
- For the third week (Monday 14th September) parents to bring children to the EYFS outdoor area via the gate (near the car park).
The children will stay for lunch this week so will need a pack-up and then will be picked up at 12.30pm from the Early Years outdoor area. Please do not arrive before 9.00am as we are trying to limit the number of people on site and stagger our start and finish times.
- On the fourth week (Monday 21st September) the children are in school full time and should be dropped off at the EYFS outdoor area by 9.10am (following the same route as week 1-3) and encouraged to come in independently and picked up at 3.15pm at the Early Years outdoor area and this will be accessed via the main entrance near the bike sheds where you will be directed across the playground to your designated collection point. Please do not arrive before 9.00am as we are trying to limit the number of people on site and stagger our start and finish times.
- Black or grey trousers
- Skirt/pinafore dress
- White polo shirt
- Red sweatshirt/cardigan
- Black shoes
- School Book Bag A4 size
- Set of spare clothes in a bag that can be hung on your child’s peg
- Pair of wellies
- Optional: pair of waterproof trousers, essential for the winter months!
- Hawthorn Tree School logo uniform can be purchased from Oldrids or Nationwide School Uniforms
- Plain uniform can be purchased from Asda/Tesco etc.
- PLEASE remember to label EVERYTHING with your child’s name
- Black/Navy Shorts
- White t-shirt
- A navy/black jog suit optional
- Only small stud-type earrings may be worn for school and taken out/taped on PE days
FREE fruit, milk and universal hot school meals schemes
- Every child is also entitled to a universal free hot school meal until they reach the end of Key Stage 1. This is a great opportunity for all children. Your child can have them every day or just the days you choose and each day there are a variety of main courses and desserts to choose from.
HOT MEALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THEY START FULL TIME AND THESE WILL NEED TO BE ORDERED USING THE WILLOUGHBY FOODS ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM EACH WEEK, MORE INFORMATION IN THE ADMISSION PACK.
- The FREE fruit scheme enables schools to provide a free piece of fresh fruit for all children in Key Stage 1.
- Children are also entitled to FREE milk up to the age of 5. After this you can still purchase milk for your child at a cost of 22p per day.
Allergies & Medical / social information
- Please let us know of any allergies or medical issues that may affect your child at school; this is vital information and the school must be informed
OUR GROWTH MINDSET APPROACH TO EACH CHILD'S LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE MATHS FUN AT HOME!
WHAT IS PHONICS?
Tips and tricks for how to effectively support your child's phonics development at home
WHITE ROSE HOME LEARNING FOR MATHS
A FANTASTIC WEBSITE WHICH SUPPORT THE MATHS SCHEME THAT WE USE IN SCHOOL THOUGH DAILY VIDEO CLIPS LINKED TO JULIA DONALDSON TEXTS TO PROMOTE MATHS IN THE EARLY YEARS!
OXFORD OWL YOU TUBE CHANNEL
AN AMAZING RESOURCE BANK OF VIDEOS FROM INTERACTIVE STORIES, TO PARENTAL SUPPORT ON READING, WRITING, MATHS AND MORE!
A BANK OF FANTASTIC PHONICS GAMES TO PLAY WITH YOUR CHILD TO SUPPORT THEIR READING & WRITING DEVELOPMENT
WELL-BEING ACTIVITIES FOR YOU TO EXPLORE AT HOME!
EYFS PLANNING, NEWSLETTERS AND TIMETABLES
AUTUMN TERM 1
EYFS TERMLY STAY AND PLAY SESSIONS
Each term you will be invited into school to our popular EYFS Stay and Play Sessions.
The sessions are approximately an hour and allow you to spend time supporting your child's learning; giving you an insight into how they learn each day.
We will keep you updated as and when we are allowed to resume these sessions in light of COVID guidelines, thank you for you continued patience.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
We are hopeful that our EYFS children will perform their first Nativity this year, even if this is via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
We will keep you updated and in the mean time we will get practising our Christmas singing!