Please request at least 4 different times (in 10 minute intervals from 3:30-5:00pm) with Miss Bone's available dates; Monday 12th October, Tuesday 13th October, Wednesday 14th October. Please enter your child's name in the 'name' section. Thank you!
I have had a little look to see who has signed up to Seesaw... I think there could have been a slight error with the settings! Please try to sign up and if you have any problems in doing so then don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you
What a wonderful week we have had! In English, we have enjoyed the story 'Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs'. Over the course of the week, the children completed a wide range of learning activities linked to this text. Some of these included making stick puppet characters and writing descriptions of Harry's dinosaurs. One of Miss Bone's favourite descriptions was that a dinosaur was "yellow like the sun". Wow!
We also started to learn about Christianity in our R.E lesson. We started to talk about Christian beliefs and also about the times when some of us had visited a church. The children then used oil pastels to create beautiful stained-glass windows.
In P.E the children played a really fun game called 'Truck and Trailer'! The children decided on certain actions for their friends to copy and they all took it in turns to have a go. Some movements were very funny! We had lots of fun.
Wow! We have had a wonderful start to the school year! All of the children have really impressed us with their behaviour, their resilience to change and their love of learning. It has been wonderful to see friends reunited again after such a long time. We have certainly had a classroom full of smiles!
We started our first couple of days in Year 1 with Art and PSHE activities. We have developed our own class rules, we have thought about who we can talk to if we have a problem or if we are feeling worried (both at home and in school) and we have talked about the changes in school which will help to keep us safe.
We have loved being creative! We painted self-portraits which will be displayed in the corridor for everyone to see. Mrs Carr and I are very impressed with the artistic flair we have seen in lots of children. Fabulous! I hope to post some pictures of the display very soon.
The past few months have certainly been a challenge and we understand that the journeys you have faced as families are all very different. We are gradually introducing more formal learning but we will gauge this according to the needs of the children.
I hope you have all received a copy of the Year 1 newsletter. I will attach a copy onto this web page too. A few further details are outlined below:
- Mrs Carr is our TA every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays, Mrs Wroblewska is our TA. Mrs Ferguson and Ms Janisewska will also support us over the course of some afternoons each week.
- Miss Neal will teach our class every Monday morning whilst Miss Bone is developing phonics provision for Key Stage 1 and Early Years.
- Every Thursday afternoon, Mrs Carr will teach our class (with support from Mrs Janisewksa) whilst Miss Bone has time to plan new and exciting lessons.
- Our PE sessions are every Wednesday and Thursday. Sessions will take place outside so please ensure your child has PE kit suitable for all weathers!
- Reading books will now only be changed every Tuesday and Friday.
Here's to a fabulous academic year!